Friday, August 12, 2011

Which Style is best

There is much controversy over the years on the martial arts style is the best or the most lethal. I remember to when I started my training in 1975, it seems that everybody thought an ultimate battle style where some where. When I started training Tang Soo Do, now called Soo Bak Do in some circles, people ask me what best martial arts style was. I told Tang Soo Do. Hey, admit, everyone wants to think that they are part of the best thing that they do? Sure they do, it is human nature. No one wants to be part of something which is considered as inferior. And control of individual styles are and are proud of their achievements and art, they chose to devote themselves; Thus, it is natural for them to tell their students that they are fortunate to have found the best available school.

In recent years mixed martial arts has gained in popularity with the masses. And yet again, I hear people say that it is the pinnacle of the art of fighting. You must however, don't forget that there are even in MMA rules and therefore not "the real thing" in terms of a real Street confrontation. In the street, when you fight for your life or the life of a loved one, there is no rules. Small joint, eye locks nicks, smashing snout and biting a piece of good size of flesh off the coast of your attackers body is perfectly acceptable. In other words, you do what's needed to survive and on foot.

When you start trying to number the different styles of combat systems see you quite quickly that there are hundreds, perhaps even thousands of styles. I have heard it said that there is more than 300 different styles of kung fu only; and they are divided into northern and southern styles. Some are considered hard styles while others are considered soft styles. In Japanese, Korean and Okinawan systems, there are hard and soft styles. Some technical in stand up great with the kicking, kneeing, playing and striking as their main arsenal of weapons. Other great grappling, throwing, and joint techniques of locking as their main area of expertise. Others still combined some of the two for what they think is a "more balanced" system of self-defence. So, who is the best?

In my view, that there is no best martial art style. I believe that the secret of being a superior martial artist is within the individual. When you stop to y to think, all styles are basically the same thing in general education. How to defend and attack, I hope that in a way that brings you back as quickly as possible. I believe that there are bad, average, good and very good instructors there and always has been... The quality of the instructor that you train under is a big difference. In my view, what is the same for the students. If you have never studied martial arts you know by now that you get is what you put. If you train just two days a week, and that's it, you will never be very good. It is an art. Art must be cultivated and developed in the constant practice.

Everyone knows that in the world of art, there are bad painters, good painters and there are outstanding painters. Its the same in the martial arts. Even in the same gym room, it is rare when you find two people with the same rank that are equally relevant. I have always participated in the tournaments 'open' against the martial artist of all kinds of styles. There is not a style that dominates. Everything comes down to the man/woman, artist. Who has developed his skills more, is that that will come out on top.

You must also take into account such things as a threshold of pain of individuals, how many heart and determination, there, etc. Then there is this thing called "chance". I have often said that I would rather be lucky to well throughout the day. And, well, have you ever heard of fellow called "Murphy"? It seems to follow me around wherever I go. The truth is that anyone can be beaten. It just the circumstances or the calendar. An experienced fighter aircraft knows too well.

You may not agree with this. Well, it is your prerogative. But after more than 36 years in the field of arts, I have come to embrace this belief without reservation. I think that if will make you look around, watch and observe for so long that I have you will believe it too. I appreciate all the martial arts. I believe that each system philosophies and useful techniques. I believe that all things which are not so precious too. The bottom line, there is no ultimate martial art. It's about you baby. Train hard, often form, do not take short cuts, the best you can be.

You can read other articles I wrote on the martial arts at http://mykarateplace.com

.......................You can go here to learn to fight like mma fighter pro!

0 comments:

Post a Comment